Who we are
IGM is the data controller in relation to the personal data processed in accordance with this privacy statement unless this privacy statement explains otherwise. Our contact details are the following:
IGM Resins B.V.
5145 RM Waalwijk, The Netherlands
Phone: (31) 416 286073
Fax: (31) 416 564632
IGM may process personal data relating to you if:
- You are a customer or supplier of IGM;
- You use or products or services;
- You are a contractor of IGM;
- You work for a customer or a supplier of IGM or for someone who uses IGM’s products or services;
- You visit our website;
- You are someone (or you work for someone) to whom IGM wants to advertise or market its goods or services. In that case, we may have received your details directly from you or from a third party.
Processing of personal data
We may process your personal data, such as:
- Your name;
- Your address, phone number (including private phone number), email address;
- Bank account numbers;
- Your IP address;
- For which company you work for, your job title or department of the company you work for.
We may also process your personal data when you are communicating with IGM, such as:
- Any personal data that you provide to IGM when communicating by email, phone, via our website, social media or otherwise;
- Any personal data that you provide to IGM or that IGM obtains when you use our website, obtain or subscribe to our goods or services, supply us with goods or services, enquire about a product, place an order, or in any other way contact us on your own initiative.
We may process personal data relating to our business with you or the person or company that you work for, such as:
- Personal data relating to business transactions with IGM involving you or the person or company that you work for (e.g. information regarding goods or services that IGM has supplied to, or obtained from, you or the person or company you work for);
- Other personal data which needs to be processed by IGM to process in order to enter into or perform a contract with you or the person or company that you work for.
We may process personal data that we obtain from you when you use or website, such as:
- Your IP address, login details, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visits of our website, such as URLs visited, specific products you searched for or viewed, length of your visits;
- Your phone number when used to get in contact with our customer service.
Processing of personal data – cookies
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that and you can find out how to in the settings of your browser. Not accepting cookies could mean that you cannot fully use IGM’s
website or not take full advantage of our website’s possibilities.
IGM uses the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical cookies: these cookies make it possible for us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate purposes to improve the way our website works, for example, the use Google Analytics and by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables IGM, subject to your choices and preferences, to personalise IGM’s content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region, other examples).
- Targeting cookies: these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information subject to your choices and preferences to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
Purposes of processing of personal data
We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enter into, and to perform, contracts with you or the person or company that you work for;
- To provide goods and services to customers or other users of those goods and services;
- To obtain goods and services from suppliers;
- To manage and administer our relationships with customers, suppliers or other users of our goods and services;
- To advertise and market IGM’s goods and services. This may be done via direct marketing communications (such as emails) or telephone calls;
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To keep our website and other systems safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising and to deliver relevant advertising.
Sharing of personal data
We may share your personal data with:
- Any member of the IGM Group, which means affiliates and subsidiaries through our ultimate holding company;
- Appropriate third parties, such as:
- IGM’s business partners, customers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into;
- our auditors, legal advisors, banks, accountants, insurance company and other professional advisors or service providers;
- Regarding the personal data obtained via our website:
- advertisers and advertising networks used by IGM that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. However, IGM does not disclose information about identifiable individuals to its advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and subject to the cookie section of this policy
We may also disclose personal information to other third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of supply terms and other agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of IGM, our customers, or others.
Legal grounds for processing of personal data by IGM
The legal ground for processing of personal data are the following:
- when it is legally necessary to obtain your prior consent for the processing of personal data, we will obtain and rely on your consent in relation to the processing concerned;
- In all other cases, we will process your personal data where the processing is necessary:
- for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, such as the IGM customer agreement or the IGM purchase agreement
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are a subject, such as mandatory legal tax laws; or
- for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by IGM, such as the commercial importance of being able to contact customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to enable the sale and/or purchase of raw material and technical solutions to UV / EB Industry, e.g. monitoring our website use, improving our website performance, direct marketing to our customers.
Transfer and storage of personal data
The personal data that IGM processes may be transferred to, and stored at a location outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) which might not have equivalent data protection laws. If personal data is transferred to or stored at a location outside the EEA, IGM will take all reasonable steps required to have appropriate safeguards in place. These steps could include IGM entering into EC approved standard contractual model clauses relevant to transfer of personal data (http://ec.europa.eu/justice/dataprotection/internationaltransfers/transfer/index_en.html) or the EU-US Privacy Shield certification which became operational on 1 August 2016 for the transfer of personal data to the US and of course treating the data securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
Security and data retention
IGM will apply strict procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorized access or loss of any (personal) data. We will only process and/or store personal data as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for the specific processing of personal data. After that, we will delete or archive the personal data unless we are required by law to keep the (personal) data for
a longer period of time.
Your rights as data subject
When we process your personal data, you have the following rights as data subject:
- You may request access to the personal data concerned;
- You may request that incorrect personal data that IGM is processing be rectified.
- In certain circumstances (for example when you have provided your personal data to IGM and it is no longer necessary for IGM to continue to process it), you may be entitled to request that we erase the personal data concerned.
- In the event we process your personal data based on your prior consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time, after which IGM shall stop the processing of the personal data concerned.
- If you have a complaint about any processing of your personal data by IGM, you can contact us or file a complaint with the relevant data protection authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens in the Netherlands).
The above mentioned rights can be exercised by emailing or writing IGM at the addresses as mentioned at the top of this privacy statement.
Changes to this privacy statement will be posted on our website and – if applicable – you will be notified by email of such changes. This privacy statement was last updated on May 24, 2018.