Waste Materials Specialist
Are you interested in a role, reporting to the SHE Manager for North America? Do you want to be part of a SHE team who is responsible for compliance, sampling, and reporting of waste? Are you Waste Materials Specialist who is motivated by co-operating with all departments in our company and interaction with external parties like state and local agencies? IGM Resins is looking for a new team member that fits these criteria!
Waste Materials Specialist l North America
WHO WE ARE
IGM Resins (igmresins.com) is recognized as the leader in UV Technology. Headquartered in Waalwijk, the Netherlands, IGM is the world’s leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals focused on the UV Inks, coatings and adhesives market. Manufacturing and product development activities are located in the US, Europe and Asia with sales and distribution locations strategically positioned globally to best serve regional markets. IGM Resins has grown through organic and acquisitions over the last years and currently employs around 800 team members.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands hazardous waste regulations
- Provides training on hazardous waste to plant personnel
- Develops waste material profiles for qualification at disposal facilities
- Makes disposal arrangements for waste materials
- Corresponds with state regulatory agency; submits biennial waste rep
- Monitors and adjusts waste water treatment system
- Understands waste water treatment / obtains Grade II WW license
- Arranges compliance sampling
- Prepares and submits compliance reports
- Corresponds with the local utility department regarding permit compliance
- Performs required monitoring, sampling, reporting and recordkeeping
- Collects required monitoring data and analyzes for conformance
- Performs leak detection monitoring and associated recordkeeping
- Collect production and throughput data to facilitate emissions reporting
- Preferred Associates Degree in Science, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training and/or work experience
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Preferred training in RCRA
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial information, common technical journals, synthesizing complex or diverse information. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, varying writing style to meet needs and or speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Develops and coordinates projects, project plans, and completing projects on time and within budget. Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
- Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform basic math skills, use of decimals to compute ratios and percent's and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook software and Internet software.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
IGM is passionate about our mission and excited to grow our talent pool with people who feel the same way. If this is you, we encourage you to get in touch with us! We offer a dynamic and diverse working culture and we are flexible towards working hours and location to support your work-life balance. Please send your resume to: Careers.North-America@igmresins.com or apply through IGM’s website: www.igmresins.com/careers.