Technical Services Specialist NORTH AMERICA
Reporting to the Sales Director North America.
Frequent traveling [50-75% of time on average] is part of the role.
The Technical Services Specialist will be responsible for providing technical expertise to the IGM customers in North America and supports the Sales Team to deliver the business growth targets. With a strong focus on building customer relations, initiate and implement new technical development projects at customers, support customers with new UV formulations and other technical inquiries in addition to supporting the IGM organization with new product introductions, market trends, regulatory requests and technical training of the Sales team.
The purpose of the role is to be the bridging link between Commercial and Technical functions of the IGM organization, such as Product Management Photoinitiators and Acrylates, R&D, Application laboratory and Regulatory; to ensure exchange of information and knowledge between the groups and share understanding of customer/market requirements. The Technical Services Specialist North America works closely together with the sales department to ensure customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values and has a strong background in the UV Industrial Coatings and/or Graphic Arts industry.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure the technical service on request and as new business development to the North American customers of IGM with a strong focus on Photoinitiators and Acrylates
- Support the Commercial teams on maintaining current business and closing new opportunities.
- Support internal and external customers with product recommendations and training. Lead troubleshooting and complaint resolution initiatives. Lead field trials with current and new products. Initiate customer support projects, product improvement proposals etc
- Develop and build effective relationships at customers especially with technical counterparts.
- Support new product development and commercialization.
- Work closely together in the technical service team and application laboratory to demonstrate value to the customer and competitor differentiation.
- Develop application and end use expertise.
- Represents IGM Resins within key industry associations and trade organizations.
- Collaborates with fellow technical and commercial employees to form a cohesive, global, customer –focused team.
- Position will require approximately 50% travel.
- Contribute to technical literature and other sales/marketing to enable effective promotion of entire IGM product range.
- Maintain documents and records to highest standards and in accordance with company procedures.
Education and experience
- Degree in Chemistry
- 5-10 years of industrial product development, application development or technical service experience on Photoinitiators, Acrylates and Additives in the UV Industrial coatings and/or Graphic Arts industry.
- Ability to translate technical know-how to customer driven solutions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple projects. Strong Project Management Skills.
- A significant record of accomplishment demonstrated by delivering business growth, internal and external awards, and career advancement.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to work with commercial partners to develop and execute business growth strategy.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, and results oriented.
- Must be a team player that can collaborate effectively within a global organization.
- Ability to interface and build strong relationships with customers.
IGM Resins offers a very diverse and challenging role, in a highly dynamic and global organization. In addition to that we offer you an attractive salary and other employee benefits, as well as good career opportunities.
To submit your resume or for more information about this vacancy, please contact our Human Resource department.