Site Technical Director
Are you interested in a role, solid reporting line to Site General Manager on site scale up and process development and dotted reporting line to EVP - Innovation & Technology on new technology development? This role will be a critical member of the site and an expert in the field. IGM Resins is looking for a new team member that fits these criteria!
Site Technical Director | Anqing, China
WHO WE ARE
IGM Resins (igmresins.com) is recognized as the leader in UV Technology. Headquartered in Waalwijk, the Netherlands, IGM is the world’s leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals focused on the UV Inks, coatings and adhesives market. Manufacturing and product development activities are located in the US, Europe and Asia with sales and distribution locations strategically positioned globally to best serve regional markets. IGM Resins has grown through organic and acquisitions over the last years and currently employs around 800 team members.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly responsible to develop and implement industrial processes to enable scale up of products developed in R&D. These industrial processes must result in the lowest possible risk (safety, environment, etc.), provide the lowest cost position (high yield, low waste, etc.), and be developed and implemented within the established timeline.
- Directly responsible to continually improve and optimize existing processes and technologies to lower risk and improve cost.
- Manage and prioritize projects to make sure expected results delivered within the established timeline.
- Regular (at minimum monthly) detailed reporting of progress and next steps for each project.
- Conduct process development in support of new and existing proprietary product concepts at the pilot and operational scale in the manufacturing plant environment.
- Working with teams of engineers, he/she will investigate creative solutions to technical process problems and create business opportunities by systematically exploring novel engineering approaches.
- Expect to use his/her knowledge of engineering to support the development of variable capabilities and technology platforms.
- Develops standard operational procedures for design and process across new and existing product lines.
- Develops Transfer constructions and the associated equipment required to produce the final product. Periodically reviews his work with a senior staff member, project leader, and/or the technical manager /director.
- Hands-on scale-up and manufacturing trials in conjunction with plant personnel.
KEY CHALLENGES & OPPORTUNITIES OF THE ROLE
- Upscale of new products (at kg lab and pilot level)
- Develop new processes for existing materials to improve cost position and backward integration in raw material production
- Doctor degree
- Above 8 years relevant experience in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, leading the process development team of chemists and engineers in Specialty Chemicals Plant environment is mandatory.
- Strong project management skill is a must.
- Demonstrated leadership in solving problems and driving the team for results is required.
- Direct experience in, and responsibility for successful new product scale up from R&D to production is required.
- Strong knowledge of operational performance and productivity.
- Position requires excellent problem-solving skills with high levels of motivation, initiative and energy.
- Good command of English and able to actively participate in English discussions with international teams.
- Excellent working knowledge of CAD, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. Knowledge of FMEA is preferred.
- Good planning skills and working experience with planning techniques.
- Strong ownership to deliver results
- Ability to under stress/with deadlines
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to interact effectively with both internal and external customers.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
IGM is passionate about our mission and excited to grow our talent pool with people who feel the same way. If this is you, we encourage you to get in touch with us! We offer a dynamic and diverse working culture and we are flexible towards working hours and location to support your work-life balance. Please send your resume to Please send your resume to: Careers.Asia@igmresins.com or apply through IGM’s website: www.igmresins.com/careers.