Senior Financial Accountant - North America
May 2nd, 2023 - Charlotte,NA
Are you interested in a role, reporting to the Finance Director of North America? Do you want to be part of the Finance team who is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of the financial accounting and reporting of the US business? Are you a Finance professional who is motivated by co-operating with all departments in our company and interaction with external parties like customers and authorities? IGM Resins is looking for a new team member that fits these criteria!
Senior Financial Accountant
WHO WE ARE
IGM Resins (igmresins.com) is recognized as the leader in UV Technology. Headquartered in Waalwijk, the Netherlands, IGM is the world’s leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals focused on the UV Inks, coatings and adhesives market. Manufacturing and product development activities are located in the US, Europe and Asia with sales and distribution locations strategically positioned globally to best serve regional markets. IGM Resins has grown through organic and acquisitions over the last years and currently employs around 800 team members.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Runs and documents financial analysis tasks
- Aids organization with financial function, such as assessing, auditing, planning, budgeting, taxes, consolidation, cost control, and project management
- Owns the capital expenditure process including policy compliance, depreciation, and acquisition and disposal accounting
- Analyzes records of present and past production variances, purchase variances, overhead cost, estimated and realized revenues, and administrative commitments to provide meaningful insight and ensure proper recording
- Responsible for month-end closing; preparing journal entries; review of general ledger transactions; bank and account reconciliations; monthly accruals; and fixed asset accounting.
- Assist in preparation of special studies, analyses, and recommendations in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, and business forecasts
- Assists Controller to coordinate quarterly and year end audits and tax returns
- Assists Controller with financial policies, procedures, and applications
- Drives process improvements to improve quality and efficiency in Finance department tasks
- Manage and reconcile intercompany transactions
- Calculate and update product standard costs
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role
- Good understanding of the US GAAP
- Knowledge of ERP systems; SAP is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to act with professionalism when representing the company to external parties
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial information
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
IGM is passionate about our mission and excited to grow our talent pool with people who feel the same way. If this is you, we encourage you to get in touch with us! We offer a dynamic and diverse working culture and we are flexible towards working hours and location to support your work-life balance. Please send your resume to: Careers.North-America@igmresins.com or apply through IGM’s website: www.igmresins.com/careers.