Regional Regulatory Affairs Specialist
Are you interested in a role, reporting to Global Regulatory Affairs Director and Senior Business Manager - Japan? Do you want to be part of Strategy & Marketing team who is responsible for product safety and product compliance? Are you the regulatory affairs specialist who is motivated by co-operating with all departments in our company and interaction with external parties like customers and authorities? IGM Resins is looking for a new team member that fits these criteria!
Regional Regulatory Affairs Specialist | Tokyo, Japan
Function：Strategy & Marketing
WHO WE ARE
IGM Resins (igmresins.com) is recognized as the leader in UV Technology. Headquartered in Waalwijk, the Netherlands, IGM is the world’s leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals focused on the UV Inks, coatings and adhesives market. Manufacturing and product development activities are located in the US, Europe and Asia with sales and distribution locations strategically positioned globally to best serve regional markets. IGM Resins has grown through organic and acquisitions over the last years and currently employs around 800 team members.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment within IGM to support our top objective: safety first, always!
- Setting up and regulating product registration for Japan and Korea and export territories in compliance with existing and emerging global legislation; Application / maintenance for small volume exemption and submit annual import report to METI.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance of all products and substances traded, manufactured and distributed in Asia or export markets. These include Japanese and Korean compliance systems and working with customers to achieve local compliance. Highlight any discrepancies and work to correct these in cooperation with line manager and direct colleagues.
- Responsible for ensuring that all products sold within Japan and Korea are compliant with the applicable local legislation, beside chemical control registrations this could be classification legislations, electronics legislations, food-contact legislations, etc.
- Maintenance of regulatory information on product databases.
- Providing support to customers (customer questionnaires and questions), suppliers, agents and IGM team members.
- Ensuring GHS compliant SDS and Labels for the Japanese and Korean markets as well as support to the global regulatory affairs projects in cooperation with your international colleagues.
- Maintenance Chemsherpa, Cobalt Reporting Template (CRT) and other local documents upon required.
- Ensure documents are always compliant with latest regulations and any changes are communicated internally and externally.
- Manage external consultants to ensure approved regulatory projects are conducted on target and on budget
- Work with compliance other regulatory affairs colleagues internal training and customer (external) education.
KEY CHALLENGES & OPPORTUNITIES OF THE ROLE
- Fulfil a pro-active role in worldwide support and advice in law- and legislation and product registration.
- Your contribution will result in minimizing company risks and further professionalization of the company’s activities.
- Travelling within Japan and/or South Korea will be required for the position.
- Bachelors level Chemistry and/or General Science.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in an international organization in a similar position focusing on regulatory affairs, preferably in the UV Radcure industry.
- Familiar with GHS, Japanese and Korean regulations as well as other international legislations. Experience with Japanese and Korean product safety authorities is almost a must, and experience with industry groups is a pro.
- Native Japanese. Fluent in English. Some knowledge of Korean.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Experience with SDS authoring software.
- Position specific software (e.g. regulatory search engines).
- Able to organize your own work
- You have a clear customer focus
- Well-developed communication skills
- Commercial and business insight
- You are able to anticipate and keen on monitoring progress
- You have the “plan–do–check–act” attitude
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
IGM is passionate about our mission and excited to grow our talent pool with people who feel the same way. If this is you, we encourage you to get in touch with us! We offer a dynamic and diverse working culture and we are flexible towards working hours and location to support your work-life balance. Please send your resume to Please send your resume to: Careers.Asia@igmresins.com or apply through IGM’s website: www.igmresins.com/careers.