Quality Control Lab Technician
Responsible for safely and accurately performing analysis of raw material, in-process, and finished
product samples using a variety of standard wet chemical and instrumental methods in a 5 day/24
hour specialty chemical plant environment. Expected to successfully apply test methods,
communicate in-process batch adjustments, initiate investigation of non-conforming product and
execute action plans to correct. Required to perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of
analytical instrumentation. Ensure proper documentation, record control, calibration of
instrumentation to ensure accuracy of results and department is compliant within the ISO 9001/ISO
14001 Management Systems.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Quality Control Lab Technician reports to Quality Manager.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create Lab Scale product blends and analyze to help with batch adjustments, root cause investigations, or new product evaluations.
- Apply current analytical testing methods to raw material, in -process, and finished product materials.
- Excellent communication skills, written or verbal, to convey test results or findings to all professional levels of the plant; including report output .
- Ability to control product disposition through use of company's software system.
- Support Production and Pilot Plant for troubleshooting or product improvement testing.
- Assist with Root Cause of Product issues in field through appropriate analysis and stability evaluations.
- Enter Quality Data into company software system and generate reports, as needed, tracking product disposition.
- Calibrate, Maintain, and minor repair of Lab Instrumentation.
- Adhere to lab safety and housekeeping guidelines .
- Train new employees or co-workers as required.
- Work overtime as needed to meet production schedule timelines and flexible shifts.
- Conduct lab supply/chemical inventory checks and order supplies as needed.
- May perform other duties as required.
Replaces by absence:
- R & D Team members
- Plant Manager
Education and experience
- Associates of Science or 2 years in Chemistry or Biology, or related discipline required.
- Five years minimum of lab experience; knowledge/experience with Gas Chromatography, HPLC, and various wet chemistry techniques required.
- Experience in product formulations, adjustments, and experimental design desired.
- Experience with ISO 9001 Document Control, Internal audits, desired.
- Strong lab instrument troubleshooting experience: HPLC, GC, KF Moisture Analyzer, Brookfield Viscometer
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to work flexible shifts.
- Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform calculations for results reporting and batch adjustments.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required. Advanced knowledge of Excel and SAP preferred.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze and interpret chemical information. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints, successfully convey information, either verbally or written, throughout the organization. Ability to multi-task and handle large volumes of work efficiently and accurately.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
IGM Resins offers a very diverse and challenging role, in a highly dynamic and global organization. In addition to that we offer you an attractive salary and other employee benefits, as well as good career opportunities.
To submit your resume or for more information about this vacancy, please contact please contact our Human Resource department.