For our Asia Business Unit, we are looking for a:
Shanghai, China | Reports to the Senior Manager, Global Resale Purchasing
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Purchasing Manager will be responsible for handling the company’s end to end purchasing operations, focus on mitigate supply risks and explore new opportunities. He/she will be able to appraise and improve existing purchasing activities by analysing the company’s cost, supplying partnerships and new possibilities. Strategic thinking is important.
- Supply risk and sustainability management;
- Close cooperation with regional BMs and SC functions for supply situations;
- Manage the company’s supply portfolio to ensure cost transparent;
- Generate and implement efficient Purchasing and category management strategies;
- Analyse and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure;
- Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals;
- Develop strategic agreement with preferred suppliers;
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers;
- Perform cost and scenario analysis;
- Establish and maintain co-operations with trustworthy vendors and suppliers;
- Support Purchasing requests from global regions, for both resell items and RMs;
- Claim & complaint management.
- Bachelor's degree or above with focus on chemistry related;
- At least 6 year solid Purchasing experience of raw materials in coating/ink/UV industry, preferably with an international company;
- Familiar with Purchasing and vendor management and relevant software;
- Understand market dynamics;
- Grasp good verbal and written skills of the English language;
- Strategic and creative thinking;
- Well-developed communication and negotiation skills;
- Strong ownership to deliver results;
- Ability to set priorities;
- Ability to under stress/with deadlines;
- Collaboration for achievement.
NEXT CAREER STEP
The person in this position is intended to grow to Senior Purchasing Manager within a period of 5 years.
IGM Resins offers a very diverse and challenging role, in a highly dynamic and global organization. We offer an attractive salary, good benefits, as well as interesting career opportunities in our growing company.
If you are interested in this challenging position, please send your letter of application including a full resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to Purchasing Manager, Shanghai.