Directs and coordinates the activities of production department in processing materials or manufacturing products. Provides direction to shift supervisors and supporting production operators. The position is responsible for enforcing HR, EHS and corporate policies.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Production Manager reports to the Plant Manager.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
General tasks & responsibilities
- Manage production personnel to always guarantee their safety and health.
- Operate the facility in a manner that protects the environment.
- Ensure production meets quality standards.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products.
- Oversee the Production Department daily work schedules to maintain adequate staffing resources, thus ensuring cost effective operation of the facility.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Actively participate in PHAs and provide necessary resources for timely completion.
- Work closely with maintenance and Engineering to help maximize their efforts.
- Develop and update Batch Records as necessary for their accuracy.
- Work in accordance with company rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as requested.
a) Replace by absence :
Is on moments of absence replaced by:
- Authorized to approve invoices linked to production operations;
- Authorized to order outside contract assistant when necessary;
- Authorized to arrange Production Staff scheduling based on Production needs
- With the Process Engineer, working on process improvement opportunities.
- With the Instrumentation Technician, continual monitoring of system function.
- With the Plant Manager, providing monthly production reports.
- With the Maintenance Manager, requesting essential PM reports and updates on requested repairs.
- With the Supply Chain department about outbound goods and quality complaints.
- With Quality Manager regarding sample taking, testing and results.
- EHS Manager to ensure safety protocol are followed and review updates/training.
- With Contract associates to secure scheduling for needed repairs on equipment or specialty part building.
a) Education and experience
- Chemical Engineering bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university.
- Or 7 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 7-10 years in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Able to read, analyse, and interpret P&IDs, common scientific and technical journals, and legal documents.
b) Specific Experience
- Good understanding of SAP and Spreadsheet applications.
- Strong understand of DeltaV Process control system.
- Strong safety-minded work ethic and work history
- Strong team member skills including communication, participation, and expressing mutual respect
- Natural willingness to work together with others for a common goal.
- Need for harmony within the group is paramount.
- Use of Technology -Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies, troubleshoots technological problems, uses technology to increase productivity and keeps technical skills up to date.
- Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
IGM Resins offers a very diverse and challenging role, in a highly dynamic and global organization. In addition to that we offer you an attractive salary and other employee benefits, as well as good career opportunities.
To submit your resume or for more information about this vacancy, please contact Careers.North-America@igmresins.com .