Pilot Plant and Production Process Improvement Engineer
DEPARTMENT : Production
- Lead plant improvement initiatives. Drive relentlessly continuous improvements in safety, quality, productivity, and throughput.
- Lead new product scale up and transition of commercialization processes into manufacturing.
- Lead specialized/challenging projects.
- Direct operations within the Pilot Plant Area and the primary technical resource for the area.
- Coordinates activities with other plant groups such as maintenance, R&D, QC and other technical resources to ensure timely execution of the production plan and assigned projects
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Pilot Plant and Production Process Improvement Engineer reports to the Plant Manager.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise Pilot Plant staff and activities which include executing pre-production runs, commercial program support and coordinate characterization efforts.
- Facilitate the technical transition of new and changed processes to provide improved results.
- Analyses and reports on production yield and cost variances to identify efficiencies, deficiencies, and improvement opportunities.
- Identifies and leads improvement/optimization projects to improve cycle time, increase batch yield, improve product quality and consistency, etc.
- Modifies/develops product process parameters, writes/updates/improves batch cards and work procedures, trains and guides production personnel on changes and new processes.
- Participates and assists in Project and Safety PHA reviews.
- Provides detailed process engineering calculations, design, and review for projects, advises on process design issues for existing and new processes, and ensures all required technical and process documentation is available and correct.
- Familiarity with DCS programs such as DeltaV, Experion or Foxboro: knowledge of process manufacturing field instrumentation, technology and batch process manufacturing.
- Prepares manufacturing costs estimates and periodically reviews and recommends standard changes for product BOMs, cycle times, and routings based on actual production results and analysis of achievable capabilities.
- Initiates, reviews, and implements process changes and introduction of new processes in accordance with IGM’s MOC program.
- Leads and/or participates in incident and CCA investigations, in a team environment utilizing sound root cause analysis methods to develop and implement effective corrective and preventative solutions.
- Work in accordance with company rules and regulations.
- Leads and/or participates in special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Replaces by absence:
Pilot Plant Operator
Is on moments of absence replaced by:
Process Improvement Plant Engineer
- Production team members
- R & D team members
- Executive team members
- Quality Control
- Supply Chain
- Product Manager
- Equipment suppliers
Education and experience
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering or equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training and /or work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Word processing, spreadsheet software. AUTOCAD, MiniTab, Emissions Master, SAP knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Ability to perform higher level math skills involving various detailed engineering and statistical calculations
- Experience in major and minor process equipment design, selection, commissioning, and start-up (heat exchangers, pumps, distillation columns, reactors, relief devices)
- Project Management : Experience in designing and executing projects
- Must be self-motivated and goal-oriented with proven success working independently and in an multi-functional team environment.
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Experience in large production industrial scale
To submit your resume or for more information about this vacancy, please contact our Human Resource department.