Multi-Purpose Reaction Operator
JOB TITLE: Multi-Purpose Reaction Operator
The Multi-Purpose Reaction Operator is responsible for the safe and effective operation of reactors and other vessels.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Multi-Purpose Reaction Operator reports to the Plant Production Supervisor
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Start and complete batches according to published schedule and documented procedures.
- Applies basic knowledge of the chemistry of the batches being manufactured to ensure quality product is produced.
- Ensures compliance and works in accordance with site safety practices and PSM and EPA standards.
- Analyze and interprets test results and takes action as necessary.
- Monitor process conditions with DCS and adjust/optimize/troubleshoot the process as necessary.
- Operate process with strong understanding of alarms and interlocks and their consequences.
- Prepares and completes all paperwork and data entry associated with production batches.
- Monitors equipment under their charge.
- Coordinate Maintenance efforts if necessary.
- Report spills or dangerous situations to supervisor.
- Keeps work area clean and tidy.
- May perform other duties are required.
- Work in accordance with company rules and regulations.
- Ability to lift up to but not limited to 50 pounds.
Replaces by absence:
Is on moments of absence replaced by:
Another MPR Operator or Production Supervisor
To correct vessel levels
- With his or her manager about own tasks, responsibilities and performance;
- With QC team members
- With QEHS Manager regarding compliance
Education and experience
- HS Diploma
- Specialty Chemical background;
- Well-developed oral and written knowledge of English language;
- 5 years of experience in a similar position, ideally with specific experience dealing with chemical products;
- Knowledge of a DCS system
- Basic math skills, use of decimals to compute ratios and percentage
- Draw and interpret graphs
Software knowledge requirements:
- MS Office
- DCS and Delta V systems
- Curiosity about the causation of events.
- Wide-ranging interests.
- Derives from an introspective concern with solving problems.
- Aggressive, analytical, and logical thinking style.
- Concern with overall impact on the end result.
- Using strong interpersonal and communication skills along with self-confidence to influence others toward some belief or course of action.
- Natural willingness to work together with others for a common goal.
- Need for harmony within the group is paramount.
- Strong attention to satisfying each individual’s needs in a favorable manner.
- Freedom to act without the influence, guidance and control of others.
- Need for self-reliance, responsibility, and accountability.
- A natural tendency to withstand delays and waiting.
- Emphasizes the need to be nonthreatening, cooperative, and to internalize unfavorable situations.
- Ability to self-assuredly react influentially and decisively.
- Willingness to recognize and respect the attitudes, opinions, and behavior of others.
- Comprised of nonthreatening, amiable peaceful demeanor combined with a spirit of cooperation.
To submit your resume or for more information about this vacancy, please contact our Human Resource department.