Internal Sales Representative
European Sales Department
The Internal Sales Representative manages a European wide customer base of small to medium sized accounts and supports the European Sales Department with sales activities, such as lead generation, sampling, forecasting and communication. Follows Sales Strategy which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding business in the sales area for the complete product range. Works within the sales department to ensure customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Internal Sales Representative reports to the Commercial Director EMEA.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop existing and potential small to medium sized accounts to increase sales and achieve sales target;
- Ensures all customer enquiries and communication are handled efficiently and correctly;
- Responding promptly to all customer queries and complaints
- Responsible for supporting all required sales activities
- Prepare offers/quotations
- Sales support at and follow up after exhibitions
- Archives/Processes all customer data (general information, prices, delivery requirements);
- Ensures that all customer data remains up to date in software system and in customer files; (including updating information & prices: monitoring end dates of offers and follow up with actions);
- Order acceptance and registration
- Coordination of sample requests and sample follow-up
- Assists responsible manager and Sales Manager with Account Plans;
- Follows up call reports;
- Follows up customer requests ;Informs the Supply Chain Department with an accurate sales forecast;
- Compares forecasted sales with actual sales and reports this to the responsible Sales Manager;
- Ensures no over dues by performing debt chasing activities if required;
- Maintaining market awareness (including pricing);
- Signalizes constraints in procedures and suggest solutions.
- All other possible occurring tasks or responsibilities;
- Work in accordance with company rules and regulations;
- Perform other duties as requested.
Replaces by absence:
Sales Manager for customer related day to day tasks that may not be postponed;
Is on moments of absence replaced by:
The Sales Manager for specific customer related responsibilities that may not be postponed;
Is independently authorized to send quotations to customers
- Sales manager about tasks, responsibilities and own performance;
- With Sales director and Sales Manager about all activities concerning both new and existing customers and regarding Sales Budgets;
- With Supply Chain Department / Buyer about Sales forecasting and stock;
- With Finance Department about overdue debts and allocation of payments;
- With the Customer Service team regarding deliveries;
- With existing customers about pending issues, new products, prices and samples;
- With prospects/suspects about product range, prices and conditions, developments, services etc;
Education and experience
- Bachelors level: Commercial or Chemical degree;
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experienced with MS Office, especially Word, PPT and Excel;
- Well-developed Dutch and English skills, oral and written. (Basic knowledge) of the German language is considered a plus
- Familiar with ERP systems is a plus.
-Desire to make changes for improvement.
-Emphasizes personal initiative.
-Ability to expeditiously obtain desired results.
- Spontaneous rendering of decisions based on readily available information.
- Decisions are rendered self-confidently, after a quick assessment of the facts at hand.
- There is little apparent concern regarding the chance of error in judgment.
- Freedom to act without the influence, guidance and control of others.
- Need for self-reliance, responsibility, and accountability.
- Originator of a plan to take proactive measures.
- Spontaneous implementation and follow through according to a plan.
- Initiate action to influence others toward the adaptation or implementation of a course of action.
- Verbal fluency and the ability to quickly respond to objections are paramount to this behavioural tendency.
- Using strong interpersonal and communication skills along with self-confidence to influence others toward some belief or course of action.
- Originality and imagination derived from spontaneous, decisive action.
- Creative in problem-solving by out of the box thinking
- Ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
NEXT CAREER STEP
The next career step for the person in this position is: Account Manager. The expected term is between 2-4 years, depending on experience and development. Therefore, we require a strong focus and desire for personal growth and development and a willingness to travel internationally; the Account manager will travel to customers in the assigned territory.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
IGM is passionate about our mission and excited to grow our talent pool with people who feel the same way. If this is you, we encourage you to get in touch with us! We offer a dynamic and diverse working culture and we are flexible towards working hours and location to support your work-life balance. Please send your resume to careers.EMEA@igmresins.com .
IGM contact for this role: Babette van Loon, P&O Manager EMEA @: email@example.com phone: +31 6 28511711.