GLOBAL PROCUREMENT DIRECTOR
Based in Waalwijk, the Netherlands
GLOBAL PROCUREMENT DIRECTOR
Reporting to the VP, Operations | Based in Waalwijk, the Netherlands
Global travelling [ 50% of time] is part of the position.
Description of the Role
IGM, a recognized leader in providing solutions to the UV/EB coatings industry, is looking for the optimal candidate for the newly created role of Global Procurement Manager. This individual will lead a global procurement team. The role includes development, execution and leadership of multiple procurement processes that impact organizations financial results through the successful delivery of value to our customers.
- Develops and executes contemporary procurement strategies and capabilities at or above industry standards. Identifies, assesses, and develops strategic partnerships.
- Develops risk analysis of key raw materials and suppliers, strategies for supply security, and executes to ensure secure supply in every region.
- Develops deep understanding of cost and value drivers for our key materials and applies knowledge to position IGM in most favorable cost position v. competitors.
- Develops, implements, and continually monitors a true global price benchmark for key raw materials. Proactively communicates changes in the key RM supply chain, to enable organization effectively manage our margins.
- Procurement and purchase price cost optimization to ensure IGM is better positioned than our competition, which includes raw materials, purchased finished goods, and major capital equipment items.
- Builds aligned and effective global procurement team within IGM.
- Ensures close alignment of the global purchasing team with Business objectives, Product Management, Supply Chain Management, Operations, Regulatory, etc. to ensure effective execution.
- Develops and implements effective process for vendor evaluation.
- Effective management and resolution of SCARs (supplier corrective action request).
- Plays key role in management and execution of an effective S&OP process (global and regional).
- Collaborates proactively with R&D, Regulatory, Product Management, and Manufacturing in order to anticipate Procurement innovations, or changes required, to enable enhanced speed to market of new products and solutions.
- Understands, reinforces and demonstrates the importance of safety and safe behaviors in the conduct of all procurement activities.
- Ensures all regulatory and compliance measures and requirements are met according to applicable guidelines. Contributes to positive movement on Environmental, Society and Governance (ESG) objectives.
- Establishes and adheres to standards of business conduct and integrity consistent with the IGM Code of Conduct, which is applicable to all suppliers with whom IGM does business. Conducts or subcontracts periodic supplier audits to validate suppliers' integrity and adherence to IGM standards in suppliers' conduct of business and to ensure absence of human trafficking and slavery in the provision of products, materials or services to IGM.
- Develops and propagates a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture within the Procurement function and the company, using the tools of Lean, Six Sigma and others as appropriate.
- Development required policies, procedures and standards
- Identify and manage toll producers of material for IGM developing competitive contracts and assure toller meets all IGM standards.
- Staff Development - Ability to build and manage across several regions, a strong and competent staff of professionals to meet IGM strategic business objectives.
- Create and execute an organizational development plan to align our capabilities with our strategic goals and objectives.
- Create an environment that intensifies our employees' pursuit of continuous improvement
- Lead and inspire development of an innovative culture within IGM.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, R&D and Operations to build and strengthen our Innovative Solutions Portfolio.
- Diligently seeks and implements continuous improvement to our processes and systems
- Teamwork & Collaboration – IGM is building a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration, with a focus on strong cross-functional teamwork internally, and in how we work with our customers, suppliers and communities.
- Business Management
- Strong economic orientation
- Strategic thinker and planner, with demonstrated capabilities to implement plans and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to build value for IGM and our customers
- Process oriented - ability to define, manage and lead through process management.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to build relationships with global and regional customers, suppliers, and allied suppliers.
- Ability to understand and lead people from multiple cultures.
- Strong Performance Management orientation reinforcing a high accountability environment
Skills, Training, Experience
- A minimum of 15 years of Global Procurement Experience in the Specialty Chemical Industry, and UV Industry in particular, is strongly preferred
- Strong negotiating skills
- Demonstrated ability to navigate through complex contracts and supply agreements
- BS in Chemistry, with a BS Degree from an accredited four-year school with a well-recognized SCM program.
- MRP/ERP system knowledge
- Lean / Six Sigma hands-on experience
- Experience in highly matrixed, cross functional organizations.
- Master's Degree in chemistry or chemical engineering, or Supply Chain.
- Certified in Six Sigma and Lean
- APICS certification
- MBA is strongly preferred but this preference will be offset dependent on relevant work experience and results
To submit your resume or for more information about this vacancy, please contact our Human Resource department.