Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Manager
Manages all aspects of the site's safety programs to maintain compliance and to protect the health and safety of the site personnel. This position will provide full time environmental health and safety support to the operations and will ensure that all practices are in compliance with regulatory requirements. The position will be responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its permitting applications. Support the development and coordination of training programs. Leads the safety efforts at the Charlotte site through his/her knowledge of process safety management and
safety regulations, along with technical expertise and results orientation. Advises Plant Management of risks and compliance status of current operations, and proposed action plans for improvement. Influences managers to reduce SHE risk in their areas.
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION
The Environment, Health and Safety Manager reports to the Plant Manager.
The EHS Manager directly supervises an Environmental Specialist and a Waste Material Specialist.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach
- Investigate environmental incidents and develop action plans.
- Leads and Conducts Process Hazard Analyses
- Oversee pollution control programs and develop waste treatment and recycling procedures
- Ensure that contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with IGM policies and safety requirements
- Develop budget and timelines for environmental operations and develop cost reduction initiatives while still maintaining quality
- Manages emergency plans / training / drills
- Conducts PSM and RMP audits and support plant on corrective actions
- Accountable for researching and writing permit applications and work with environmental group and be compliant in completing permit reporting requirements.
- Be regularly aware of new developments in safety laws that are bound to have effect on the organization
- Works with Human Resources Generalist to ensure safety training in accordance with regulations
- Facilitates internal and external audits
- Provides daily assessments of the site with appropriate follow-up for resolution
- Manages the industrial hygiene program
- Manages the site's ISO 14001 environmental management system, including process improvements to achieve waste reductions.
- Regularly provide training and coaching across all staff levels as required by the government’s safety rules and regulations
- Act as a representative of the company when it comes to society or industry safety program
- Lead environmental reporting, emissions modeling, permit compliance, and D.O.T. compliance.
Is on moments of absence replaced by:
- Production team members
- R & D team members
- Executive team members
- Quality Control Department
- Warehouse team members
- Supply Chain Department
- Finance Department
- Product Manager
- Air Quality
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Division of Waste Management
- Division of Water Quality
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college in Chemistry or related discipline in the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, and/or work experience.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ of managerial experience in EHS in a chemical manufacturing operation.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial information, common technical journals, synthesizing complex or diverse information. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, varying writing style to meet needs and or speaking clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Develops and coordinates projects, project plans, and completing projects on time and within budget. Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
- Mathematics Ability: Ability to perform basic math skills, use of decimals to compute ratios and percent's and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook software and Internet software.
IGM Resins offers a very diverse and challenging role, in a highly dynamic and global organization. In addition to that we offer you an attractive salary and other employee benefits, as well as good career opportunities.
To submit your resume or for more information about this vacancy, please contact our Human Resource department.