Asia R&D Director
Are you interested in a role, directly reporting to EVP - Innovation & Technology? This role is the head of the Beijing lab and has a strong leadership and technical background. He/she will set the direction for the R&D team and make sure they deliver the innovation goals together with the business team. He/she is also a member of the Asia Leadership team. IGM Resins is looking for a new team member that fits these criteria!
Asia R&D Director | Beijing, China
Function: Innovation & Technology
WHO WE ARE
IGM Resins (igmresins.com) is recognized as the leader in UV Technology. Headquartered in Waalwijk, the Netherlands, IGM is the world’s leading manufacturer of specialty chemicals focused on the UV Inks, coatings and adhesives market. Manufacturing and product development activities are located in the US, Europe and Asia with sales and distribution locations strategically positioned globally to best serve regional markets. IGM Resins has grown through organic and acquisitions over the last years and currently employs around 800 team members.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. New product development and technology research
- Organize new product developments according to the stage gate process and deliver results according to plan.
- Explore new ideas to close technology gaps and increase our technical options to provide solutions to the market.
- Work with the senior IP Manager to ensure appropriate, global patent protection of our new inventions and make sure we are not infringing third party patents.
- Organize and prioritize analytical and application activities in support of R&D projects and customers.
- Support process development, upscaling and operational activities where appropriate.
2. Team management
- Propose and manage the annual operational and capex budget.
- Set priorities in line with the R&D strategy and business needs.
- Organize and motivate the team. Determine the scope and responsibility of team members.
- Ensure personal development of the team members.
- Fully review and assess subordinates in terms of ability, performance, service, and other aspects, recommend salary increases, job grade and resignations.
- Review and approve travel schedule of subordinates.
- Contribute to the development of a global R&D strategy for Photoinitators.
- Support the implementation of the R&D and business strategies.
- Actively participate in the Asian Leadership team.
- Develop a vision and take steps to improve the capabilities and competencies of the Beijing lab.
KEY CHALLENGES & OPPORTUNITIES OF THE ROLE
Develop a vision and take steps to improve the capabilities and competencies of the Beijing lab.
- PhD in Chemistry
- Minimum 5 years of technical expertise in organic synthesis of fine chemicals.
- Demonstrated leadership in driving the team for results.
- Experience of international cooperation and owns global mindset.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with high levels of motivation, initiative and energy.
- Good command of English and able to actively participate in discussions with international teams.
- Ability to work in teams and interact effectively with both internal and external partners.
- Strong ownership to deliver results
- Ability to under stress/with deadlines
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Ability to interact effectively with both internal and external customers.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
IGM is passionate about our mission and excited to grow our talent pool with people who feel the same way. If this is you, we encourage you to get in touch with us! We offer a dynamic and diverse working culture and we are flexible towards working hours and location to support your work-life balance. Please send your resume to Please send your resume to: Careers.Asia@igmresins.com .